Liverpool Watch - Liverpool FC Forum
If we can't beat Hull, who can we beat? - Printable Version

+- Liverpool Watch - Liverpool FC Forum (http://liverpoolwatch.com)
+-- Forum: Liverpool FC (http://liverpoolwatch.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Team News (http://liverpoolwatch.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: If we can't beat Hull, who can we beat? (/thread-41.html)

If we can't beat Hull, who can we beat? - Onionman - 26-10-2014

Hull are having a decent enough season and it's not as if they are a bad side. But we should be putting away teams like that if we're going to be contenders.

At least we didn't concede but why are we struggling in front of goal?

RE: If we can't beat Hull, who can we beat? - Onionman - 27-10-2014

And as a continuation of the same thread, if we are going to compete against the likes of Chelsea and United (after that impressive draw), we really need to be finishing off those teams that we are 'certain' to finish above.

We need to be flat-track bullies and then see how we perform against the Champion's League challengers.

RE: If we can't beat Hull, who can we beat? - GenevB - 30-10-2014

Yes, I completely agree with you. If not Hull the who? We won our Cup match, Mario finally delivered a fine goal. Who knows, maybe this is the time when we start to add up level to our game with every match played like we did last season, we start growing from fixture to fixture, let's hope we will get better and better with every match.

RE: If we can't beat Hull, who can we beat? - SamClemensMT - 01-11-2014

(26-10-2014, 01:45 PM)Onionman Wrote:  Hull are having a decent enough season and it's not as if they are a bad side. But we should be putting away teams like that if we're going to be contenders.

At least we didn't concede but why are we struggling in front of goal?

You nailed it mate. "If we are contenders?". Perhaps, we're not contenders this year. It seems so. Wouldn't you say?

(30-10-2014, 09:03 PM)GenevB Wrote:  Yes, I completely agree with you. If not Hull the who? We won our Cup match, Mario finally delivered a fine goal. Who knows, maybe this is the time when we start to add up level to our game with every match played like we did last season, we start growing from fixture to fixture, let's hope we will get better and better with every match.

Let's hope. There nothing wrong with hope. That's why Mario drives a Ferrari, because we have so much hope to spare.

RE: If we can't beat Hull, who can we beat? - Onionman - 02-11-2014

I guess we know that when Sturridge is back we'll certainly score more goals. But it's worrying that without him, and when Sterling doesn't play, we look pretty toothless.

To be real contenders we really need a few more people to help out in the goal scoring space. It's just not happening so far.

RE: If we can't beat Hull, who can we beat? - GenevB - 05-11-2014

I really think that a quality transfer in the winter might put us on the right way. I don't know how possible it would be, but I'm sure that if Fernando Torres would come back, we would recover our "tooth" . Brendan should start considering some real quality transfers, not just a bunch of players who might be good for us.

RE: If we can't beat Hull, who can we beat? - Onionman - 05-11-2014

That would be very interesting if Torres came back. The only way I could see that happening is if Chelsea feel that we've got no chance of challenging them for the title, they then cancel the loan he's got in Italy and then let us have him on loan.

That way he could play for us against other challengers but wouldn't play against them because he's still officially contracted to them.